Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet Feb 1995
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tbsps sherry wine or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, loosely packed
- Toast coriander seeds, stirring until fragrant and toasted about 2 minutes. Grind to a coarse powder.
- In a bowl, whisk together coariander and orange juice, sherry, salt and olive oil.
- For salad, slice onion into thin rings. Soak in a bowl of ice cold water for about 15 minutes.
- Trim stalks from fennel and slice bulb thinly crosswise.
- Cut top and bottom from orange and cutting down sides, remove peel and pith. Cut oranges crosswise into 1/4" slices or segment.
- Drain onion and pat dry.
- Arrange fennel, onion and orange on a platter and scatter with mint.
- Drizzle with dressing.