Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Baby potatoes with mint and orange flavourings. From my slimmers cookbook.
- 750 g baby new potatoes
- 15 g butter
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender, drain.
- Heat butter in frying pan and add potatoes, toss gently over med heat until potatoes are browned all over.
- Stir in orange rind, juice, cheese and mint.
Very good - neither the mint nor the orange were too overpowering. I may next time leave out the rind though. I also had problems browing the potatoes (they were boiled) perhaps they should be dried first.
These were great! I boiled baby golden red potatoes whole. The only problem I had was trying to brown them afterwards. I think if I make them again I'll skip that step. I enjoyed the orange flavor and would like to add more mint next time.I also added salt. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
I was intrigued with the combination of flavors within this recipe and made it as a side dish to Jerk Chicken. I'm sorry but we just didn't enjoy the flavor of orange with the potatoes. I'm sure this is just a personal taste issue. Thank you Jewelies for sharing the recipe.