Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this as part of the Recipezaar orphaned recipes adoption fair :-) I will make it soon and add any adjustments I find necessary... any input from any of you will be greatly appreciated!! There was no recipe for the coconut cream dressing in this original posting, so I have added one below and I will see how it tastes with this. Input appreciated!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups melon balls (can include things like Cantaloupe, or Honeydews, etc.)
- lettuce leaf
- mint leaf (garnish) (optional)
- melon ball (garnish) (optional)
Coconut Cream Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- In medium bowl, pour boiling water over gelatins and stir until dissolved.
- Add lime juice, cold water and extract; chill until partially set.
- Fold in melon.
- Pour into lightly oiled 5-cup ring mold.
- Chill until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
- Unmold onto lettuce.
- Serve with Coconut Cream Dressing; garinsh with mint leaves and/or melon balls, if desired.
- Coconut Cream Dressing: Mix together sour cream, sweetened flaked coconut, lime juice -- and honey, if desired.
- Chill dressing before serving.