Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is to go with my Prawn and Cauliflower Salad recipe but would go well with any seafood
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon hot English mustard
- white pepper
- minted olive oil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tightly packed mint leaf
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and use a whisk to mix in the lemon juice, mustard and a little salt.
- Beat continuously, adding minted oil 1 tablespoon at a time until all the oil is incorporated and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Minted olive oil instructions.
- bring the oil slowly to temp of 70-80d in a pan.
- If you don't have a thermometer, don't boil it, it is better to be colder than too hot.
- Place the mint in a heatproof bowl and poor the oil over it, mix well and allow to cool.
- Strain oil into a jar and discard the mint.
Yes, I agree this would be great on seafood. But I used it on a sandwich made with leftover chicken, bacon, the last of my garden tomatoes and lettuce. I did make the oil a couple day before hand and and kept it refrigerated till ready to make. Thanks for something different!