Recipe by Zetty66
My friend gave me this recipe with a minted twist on the traditional mai tai. It's our traditional summer drink now and of course we always double the recipe!!!!
Top Review by NurseJaney
This variationI found years ago in Bon Appetite. If you servr in a tall glass with lots of ice, the wallop it packs will take a little longer ! It is such a smooth, hot weather drink, that you may not realize how muc you have had. I usually make by the pitcher. I was checking before I added the recipe. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup almond syrup (such as Torani)
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark rum
- ice cube
- 6 fresh mint sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir lime juice, syrup and chopped mint leaves in heavy small saucepan over medium heat just until the mixture simmers. Cool.
- Strain syrup into pitcher.
- Add pineapple juice, orange juice and rum; stir to blend.
- Fill 6 tall glasses with ice.
- Pour mixture over.
- Garnish mai tais with fresh mint sprigs.