Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My friend gave me this recipe with a minted twist on the traditional mai tai. It's our traditional summer drink now and of course we always double the recipe!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup almond syrup (such as Torani)
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark rum
- ice cube
- 6 fresh mint sprigs
- Stir lime juice, syrup and chopped mint leaves in heavy small saucepan over medium heat just until the mixture simmers. Cool.
- Strain syrup into pitcher.
- Add pineapple juice, orange juice and rum; stir to blend.
- Fill 6 tall glasses with ice.
- Pour mixture over.
- Garnish mai tais with fresh mint sprigs.
This variationI found years ago in Bon Appetite. If you servr in a tall glass with lots of ice, the wallop it packs will take a little longer ! It is such a smooth, hot weather drink, that you may not realize how muc you have had. I usually make by the pitcher. I was checking before I added the recipe. Thanks for posting.