- 4 6 inch pita pockets
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed with a mortar and pestle or bottom of a heavy skillet
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 medium fennel bulb, stalks trimmed flush with bulb and bulb cut into very thin slices (sometimes called anise; about 1 pound)
- 3⁄4 lb cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, washed well,spun dry,and chopped coarse
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off one fourth of each pita pocket and reserve larger portions of pitas wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Chop smaller portions of pitas into 1/2 pieces and in a shallow baking pan toast in middle of oven until golden, about 7 minutes.
- In a bowl stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, zest, anise seeds, and cayenne until smooth.
- Add fennel, lobster, romaine, mint, and pita croutons and toss to coat.
- Fill reserved pita with lobster salad.