Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't forget to soak you bamboo skewers. Prep time does not include time to marinade.
- 1⁄2 cup thick mint sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 750 g lamb steaks, diced
- 12 bamboo skewers
- To make marinade, in a small bowl whisk all ingredients together.
- Thread lamb onto bamboo skewers then place into a large, shallow plastic container that has a lid.
- Pour marinade over the meat and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight. Turn occasionally.
- When ready to cook remove kebabs from the marinade and either BBQ or grill (broil) turning so all sides are cooked to your liking. Baste with marinade while cooking.
I invited my friend over for diner and she said that it was wonderful my dh loved it too. Very tasty. and gave it 5 stars. Made for Make my recipe #7 in the Aust/NZ forum
I was not intended to prepare kebabs, but I found the recipe for the lamb was absolutely fabulous! I usually eat the lamb this way: for the marinade I prepare garlic, rosemary, etc. and after is donde, I serve it with mint sauce... but what made the difference was the HONEY... what a great flavour! and I thought they didn't get along well! I found it delicious! Thanks Jewelies, I enjoyed this plate a lot :D
I made these kebabs last night for our dinner and we really enjoyed them. The marinade was very unusual for us (ie. the mint sauce) and extremely flavourful. Once DH got over the intial shock of it not being 'greek-flavoured' he enjoyed them immensely, and so did I. We served them in warmed pita wraps.