Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I made this dish as a modification on Deity's Easy Mint Chops with the help of Jewelies from the Australia/New Zealand Forum. I would use 1/4 cup water if using the mint sauce or 1/2 cup water if using the mint jelly.
- 6 lamb chops or 6 lamb shanks
- 1 cup mint sauce or 1 cup mint jelly
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- seasoned flour
- Heat slow cooker on high but turn to low when lamb goes in.
- Toss the chops or shanks in seasoned flour and brown in a pan then place in slow cooker.
- Deglaze pan with water, add sauces and pour over lamb.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
Not too bad - nice tender lamb. Didn't pick up a whole lot of the mint flavour, so next time might pop in mint leaves 15mins before the end.
Loved the lamb!I used homemade mint Jelly, and fresh mint leaves. Amazing taste, and so easy to prepare and cook. I will make this again.
Absolutely delicious, my DH always moans when i cook Lamb, says he has gone off it. He said it was the best he has ever eaten. We love mint on our lamb so this was the bees knees. I did not add the Soy Sauce because i personally don't like it. I had 8 lamb chops and only cooked the meat on high for 4 hours, the meat was falling apart it was soooo soft. Thank U Kiwipom for a fantastic recipe, defintely a keeper.