Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Southern Living. Great holiday or winter hot drink.
- hard peppermint candy (three 4 1/2 inch sticks)
- 1 cup Coffee-mate
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- Place candy in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; crush candy with a mallet.
- Combine crushed candy and remaining ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To serve, combine 1/4 cup cocoa mix and 3/4 cup boiling water; stir well.
Very good mix. My one complaint (easily remedied) is that it is very sweet. Cutting the sugar to 1/2c or 3/4c will be in order for the next batch. --- I have tried other approaches to Mint Hot Chocolate, but this works the best so far. --- Also I used 30 peppermint "pinwheel" candies instead of sticks. I'm not sure how that reckons out to the sticks, but it gave a good minty flavor! I have also found mixing all ingredients (carefully) in a blender makes for the best consistency.
Delicious! Perfect balance of chocolate to mint flavors. I've tried several similar recipes for minty cocoa mixes using candy canes, but this one is the best I've tried!
This makes a fabulous cup of minted hot cocoa. Very rich and creamy with a subtle cool minty flavor. I made a batch for my family and then made more to give as Christmas gifts for my friends. Great idea. Thanks Nurse Di.