Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
Weight Watchers recipe. Just 2 points per serving.
Make and share this Minted Hot Cocoa recipe from Food.com.
- In a large mug (20 oz) or microwavable container, mix the cocoa, peppermint and hot water together and stir well.
- Microwave for 1 minute on High and stir.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Microwave for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until hot.
- Add the sugar substitute and stir.
- Top with the whipped cream if using.
What a wonderful way to treat yourself to hot cocoa without all the fat. The crushed peppermint candy is a great addition to this drink. Since it was low-fat, I decided to top it off with a little whipped cream sprinkled with a little of the crushed peppermint candy. I will be having this often this winter. Made for December, 2008 Aussie/NZ Tag.
This was really good! All I had were chocolate mint hard candies, but that worked really well (I love those things). Used 2 instead of the one and 2% milk instead of 1% (just what I had on hand). Will make again when cold weather comes back :)
I enjoyed this first thing in the morning. I did use whole milk as that is what I had. Thank you Annacia!