Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Weight Watchers recipe. Just 2 points per serving.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
What a wonderful way to treat yourself to hot cocoa without all the fat. The crushed peppermint candy is a great addition to this drink. Since it was low-fat, I decided to top it off with a little whipped cream sprinkled with a little of the crushed peppermint candy. I will be having this often this winter. Made for December, 2008 Aussie/NZ Tag.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 hard peppermint candy, crushed
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sugar substitute (try 3 packages)
- 1⁄4 cup whipped cream (add 1 more point) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mug (20 oz) or microwavable container, mix the cocoa, peppermint and hot water together and stir well.
- Microwave for 1 minute on High and stir.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Microwave for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until hot.
- Add the sugar substitute and stir.
- Top with the whipped cream if using.