Recipe by Kree
I received this simple and summery recipe from Care2's Eat Well Naturally newsletter and just had to save it. They say if you don’t have any honeydew handy you can use any sweet melon you desire. Cooking time equals time to chill.
Top Review by LQ LoJo
This was fabulous. I wasn't in the mood for mint so I substituted about 10 basil leaves in the blender. For presentation I added a small dollop of honey in the center of the bowl of soup and topped with a tiny basil leaf. It came off beautiful and my husband loved it.
- 2 lbs ripe honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks (about 1/2 large melon)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice (more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- fresh mint sprig
- thin lime slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the ingredients in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Taste, adding additional lime juice, if necessary, and salt.
- Serve in individual chilled bowls, garnished with lime slices and mint sprigs, if desired.