Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this simple and summery recipe from Care2's Eat Well Naturally newsletter and just had to save it. They say if you don’t have any honeydew handy you can use any sweet melon you desire. Cooking time equals time to chill.
- 2 lbs ripe honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks (about 1/2 large melon)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice (more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- fresh mint sprig
- thin lime slice
- Process the ingredients in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Taste, adding additional lime juice, if necessary, and salt.
- Serve in individual chilled bowls, garnished with lime slices and mint sprigs, if desired.
This was fabulous. I wasn't in the mood for mint so I substituted about 10 basil leaves in the blender. For presentation I added a small dollop of honey in the center of the bowl of soup and topped with a tiny basil leaf. It came off beautiful and my husband loved it.
Great recipe. I added some cinnamon, and it made it even better.
A fabulously refreshing and delicious summer soup, which is SO easy to make and is SO low in fat (0.8g)! I made it today and will continue to enjoy it over the next few days which are going to be really hot. The only change I made was to add some flaxseed meal which I bought recently and which I am looking for opportunities to sneak into recipes wherever I can. I am going to make this as a take-to-work lunch on hot days. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, Kree!