Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
Found this in the NZ Sunday Star Times. Sounds like a nice light meal which I'm looking forward to trying.
Top Review by French Tart
This is just the sort of salad that Malcolm and I love, lots of grains with leaves, herbs and one of our favourite cheeses, Halloumi! I made it exactly as posted with the exception of the cherry tomatoes, I had none, so used normal tomatoes chopped small, and we were rewarded with an amazing and VERY filling bowl of salad for lunch. I used my own home-grown mint and some home-cooked chickpeas.Made for the Aussie Recipe Swap #85 and VERY much enjoyed with Malcolm giving it the full 5 stars!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 425 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 120 g halloumi cheese, in chunks
- 4 cups fresh rocket
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Quinoa following packet directions and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add Haloumi and fry until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Add the Quinoa and Haloumi. Sprinkle over lemon zest and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Serve with extra chopped mint.