Recipe by Irmgard
While this recipe is good when freshly made, it is better if it chills over night. From BBC Good Food.
- 600 g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water for 5 to 6 minutes, until just tender, then drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Shake well to remove excess water, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small pan.
- Add the garlic and fry quickly until crisp and lightly golden.
- Tip into a bowl with the oil from the pan and leave to cool.
- Whisk together the remaining oil, vinegar, mint, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the beans and mix well.
- Tip into a serving dish and scatter over the garlic in its oil.