Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Mint, not just for desserts anymore! If you've ever planted mint you know it grows wild. My grandmother used to find some great ways to use it up! (cooking time includes time to allow flavors to blend)
- 1 lb string bean, washed and trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil or steam the trimmed green beans until tender.
- Drain well, while still warm add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
- Allow to 'marinate' for at least an hour up to overnight for best flavor.
- Serve at room temperature. (take out of the fridge ahead of time if left refrigerated overnight).