- 8 ounces French haricots vert, vert (2 cups) or 8 ounces other small thin green beans (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse beans. If desired, trim tips off beans; drain.
- Place a steamer basket in a large skillet. Add water to just below the bottom of basket. Bring water to boiling. Place beans in steamer basket. Cover and steam for 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water. (Or, plunge into ice water.) Drain well.
- In a medium bowl lightly toss together beans, shallot, oil, and mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 2 hours.