Recipe by Pets'R'us
This can be served as a starter and is also very nice as a side dish with roasted lamb. The ingredients are all approx, because of the difference in the mint sauces; some can be very sweet so you will need less sugar. Depending on the size of the fennel heads you might need more stock. This can be made a day in advance.
Top Review by chia
this was a lovely side dish to a turkey dinner. i didn't have mint sauce , but i used fresh spearmint and some dried, and reduced it with the chicken broth. this is very good for low carb or low fat diets.
- 2 heads fennel, trimmed and split
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons concentrated mint sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the fennel in the chicken stock until desired tenderness.
- Remove and put in a dish.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the chicken stock, add sugar, mint sauce and oil, and mix together.
- Taste the dressing; add more of any of the used ingredients to achieve the right balance of flavors to suit your taste buds.
- Pour over the fennel, chill and marinate for a few hours minimum.