Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ok, this may sound a bit different, but this is REALLY good. Light and healthy. A simple dressing and a wonderful summer dish. Great for picnics as it can easily be served chilled which is best, or room temp which makes it perfect for picnics.
- 2 seedless cucumber (peeled & sliced in 1/4-inch rounds and then halved)
- 2 cups honeydew melon (cut in bite size cubes)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced fine
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, fine chopped
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice (regular lime juice can be substituted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- Salad -- In a large bowl, add the mint, red onion, lime juice, honey, cucumber and honeydew melon and toss well. The liquid from both the melon and cucumber will be enough to combine with the simple dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill at least 15 minutes.
- Serve -- Just ENJOY! A light refreshing salad.
This was a really nice, light, refreshing, unique salad! I wasn't sure about the cucumber/honeydew combo but it was very good. I used regular lime juice and made followed the rest of the directions and it was just great. Thanks for a nice recipe that I'll have to remember for summer parties!