1/2 Photos of Minted Couscous With Roasted Vegetables
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
Couscous, traditional Berber food, is one of North Africas' great dishes. Here, mixed with lemon juice and mint and served with roasted vegetables, it makes a memorable meal. This is a family favourite, my youngest DD in particular is a couscous addict! (Preparation time does not include 3 - 4 hours marinating time) From Linda McCartneys World of vegetarian Cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large aubergine, cut into chunky batons
- 1 lb courgette, cut into chunky batons
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 12 garlic cloves, in their skins
- 10 basil leaves, torn roughly
- 1 sprig chopped fresh parsley
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, grilled, skinned, quartered and de-seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, grilled, skinned, quartered and de-seeded
- 4 field mushrooms, sliced
- 15 -20 black olives, pitted
- 1Roasted vegetables:.
- 2Put the prepared aubergine, courgettes, onion and garlic into a large bowl with the basil and rosemary. Sprinkle with half the olive oil and toss well. Leave to stand at room temperature for 3 - 4 hours.
- 3Pre-heat the oven to 220c/425F/gas 7.
- 4Spread the vegetables onto a baking tray or trays, in a single layer, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- 5Roast for 15 minutes, then add the peppers, mushrooms and olives, and toss.
- 6Return to the oven and roast for a further 10 - 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender, turning once more before the end of the cooking time.
- 7Minted Couscous:.
- 8Put the couscous into a large bowl, and pour the boiling water over it. Stir for a couple of minutes until the water has absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 6 - 7 minutes.
- 9Add the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and mix them in thoroughly.
- 10Stir in the chopped pepper, spring onions and mint. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with the roasted vegetables.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minted Couscous With Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (722 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 716.7
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 13.3 g