Recipe by ashlynn08
This tastes like a lemon ice but with a more gourmet flavor, from the soymilk website. Sometimes I add lime zest instead of the orange or a combination of the three. You can make this lower in calories by using splenda in place of the sugar. The cooking time is for freezing. Sometimes it takes a little less than 3 hours to freeze.
- 3 cups original non-fat soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 8 mint-flavored green tea bags
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- fresh mint leaves, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 8- or 9-inch square baking dish in freezer to chill.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup of the soymilk and the sugar just to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add tea bags and push into soymilk mixture; let stand 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups soymilk, the orange peel and lemon peel until well blended.
- Pour into chilled pan; freeze 30 minutes. When ice crystals begin to form at edges of pan, stir mixture with fork. Freeze about 3 hours longer, stirring every 30 minutes, until completely frozen.
- To serve, scoop into individual dessert bowls. Garnish with mint leaves.