Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Superb chicken dish - light and tangy. Saw nothing like it in zaar. comes from healthy eating chicken book. Also looks like a resturant dish.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 3⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
Sweet Orange Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Using a meat mallet, flatten chicken breast to an even thickness.
- Spread mint over 1 side of chicken breast , roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken into baking dish, cover and cook in a moderate oven for 25 minutes or until cooked. Remove toothpicks and keep warm.
- Orange Sauce:.
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a small pan, stir constantly over heat with out boiling until sugar dissolves. Boil, uncovered without stirring until it turns golden brown.
- Strain juice and add to sauce, simmer uncovered until sauce is reduced by 1/2. Add blended cornflour and water, stirring over heat until sauce thickens.
- Whisk in butter just prior to serving.
- Slice chicken and arrange on plate, pour over orange sauce.
Just made it for a dinner party. Everyone loved it. I was worried that the mint would be a weird taste. I needn't have. The mint and orange worked really well. Inused woodn skewers snapped off rather than toothpicks because I didn't have any toothpicks.