1/2 Photos of Minted Broad / Fava Bean Puree
Since I have been back in NZ I have had the chance to go through my old Cuisine magazines. There are some fantastic recipes in them, this is based on one by Julie Biuso. Great with bread and cheeses/meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove beans from pods.
- 2Put into pot of boiling water, return to the boil & cook until tender (approx 8-10 mins for fresh, 3-5 for frozen from when the water begins boiling again).
- 3Drain & run under cold water.
- 4Remove the skins (this does not taste as good if you leave them on, so is worth the effort).
- 5Put the beans, lemon juice & salt to taste in a blender/food processor.
- 6Pulse until smooth, then add the olive oil, mint & pepper.
- 7Pulse again, then put into a serving bowl. If it seems too stiff add a bit more oil.
- 8Cover and refrigerate until used (remove from the fridge approx 1/2 an hour before serving to remove the chill).
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minted Broad / Fava Bean Puree
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1135.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 13.9 g