Since I have been back in NZ I have had the chance to go through my old Cuisine magazines. There are some fantastic recipes in them, this is based on one by Julie Biuso. Great with bread and cheeses/meats.
- Remove beans from pods.
- Put into pot of boiling water, return to the boil & cook until tender (approx 8-10 mins for fresh, 3-5 for frozen from when the water begins boiling again).
- Drain & run under cold water.
- Remove the skins (this does not taste as good if you leave them on, so is worth the effort).
- Put the beans, lemon juice & salt to taste in a blender/food processor.
- Pulse until smooth, then add the olive oil, mint & pepper.
- Pulse again, then put into a serving bowl. If it seems too stiff add a bit more oil.
- Cover and refrigerate until used (remove from the fridge approx 1/2 an hour before serving to remove the chill).