Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
a nice thick sauce to serve with hot or cold lamb. salt to taste, and if you like a very tart sauce, add a little lemon juice.
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 spring onion, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 big egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup mint
- 125 g butter
- Bring vinegar to boil in a small pot with the pepper and spring onion.Simmer with lid on for 2 minutes.Turn off heat.
- combine egg yolks and mint in a blender. Blend until mint is all chopped.
- melt the butter in a large micro wave safe jug, then heat til nearly boiling.
- discard spring onion.
- With motor running, pour in the vinegar, and then the hot butter.
- Pour the whole mixture back into the jug and microwave at 50% power for about 2mins, stirring every 30 secounds, until it is thick and creamy.
why did the stars turn blue instead of red? i hope it shows 5 stars... anyway, this was fabulous! I declared last night a non cooking night, grilled some steaks, nuked some carrots & made this sauce! Delicious!! I also wish it came out thicker but the flavor was divine. I didn't strain out the scallions, just added them to the blender & whizzed away. yumyum. Made for Aussie Swap 9/12.
Dave made this to go on our lamb chops the other night. It all came together quickly and tasted fantastic. The one small comment he made was he would have liked it thicker. Served with mashed potatoes and peas.
Loved this as a variation on the classic Tarragon sauce, although I did slip a FEW leaves of tarragon in too! I intend to serve it with grilled lamb chops tonight, but for now, it has been made and tested, I slathered a bit on a burger this lunch time!! Very good sauce and good solid instructions. Merci! Made for Recipe Swap #27 - thanks again! FT:-)