Recipe by mummamills
a nice thick sauce to serve with hot or cold lamb. salt to taste, and if you like a very tart sauce, add a little lemon juice.
Top Review by Elmotoo
why did the stars turn blue instead of red? i hope it shows 5 stars... anyway, this was fabulous! I declared last night a non cooking night, grilled some steaks, nuked some carrots & made this sauce! Delicious!! I also wish it came out thicker but the flavor was divine. I didn't strain out the scallions, just added them to the blender & whizzed away. yumyum. Made for Aussie Swap 9/12.
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 spring onion, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 big egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup mint
- 125 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring vinegar to boil in a small pot with the pepper and spring onion.Simmer with lid on for 2 minutes.Turn off heat.
- combine egg yolks and mint in a blender. Blend until mint is all chopped.
- melt the butter in a large micro wave safe jug, then heat til nearly boiling.
- discard spring onion.
- With motor running, pour in the vinegar, and then the hot butter.
- Pour the whole mixture back into the jug and microwave at 50% power for about 2mins, stirring every 30 secounds, until it is thick and creamy.