Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Beets and mint might seem to be an odd coupling, but it works surprisingly well. This salad is sweet yet refreshing.
- Wrap the beets together tightly in foil in 2 batches and roast them in the middle of a preheated 350°F.
- oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until they are tender.
- The beets may be roasted 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Unwrap the beets carefully and let them cool until they can be handled.
- Slip the skins off the beets, cut off the stems, and cut the beets into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together the vinegars, the sugar, and salt to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- Add the beets to the bowl with two thirds of the mint and toss the salad until it is combined well.
- Line 4 plates with the lettuce leaves, divide the beet mixture among them, and sprinkle each salad with some of the remaining mint.
The blend of flavors is amazingly delicious. I cheated and cubed and boiled the beets rather than baking. It worked! I will make this again and again. Beautiful presentation. Would look great on a Christmas table. A+, thanks Geema!
Wonderful salad. The roasted beets were super. I did add one eentsy-weentsy minced garlic clove to the dressing. A keeper!