Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Beets and mint might seem to be an odd coupling, but it works surprisingly well. This salad is sweet yet refreshing.
- Wrap the beets together tightly in foil in 2 batches and roast them in the middle of a preheated 350°F.
- oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until they are tender.
- The beets may be roasted 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Unwrap the beets carefully and let them cool until they can be handled.
- Slip the skins off the beets, cut off the stems, and cut the beets into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together the vinegars, the sugar, and salt to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- Add the beets to the bowl with two thirds of the mint and toss the salad until it is combined well.
- Line 4 plates with the lettuce leaves, divide the beet mixture among them, and sprinkle each salad with some of the remaining mint.
The blend of flavors is amazingly delicious. I cheated and cubed and boiled the beets rather than baking. It worked! I will make this again and again. Beautiful presentation. Would look great on a Christmas table. A+, thanks Geema!
Wonderful salad. The roasted beets were super. I did add one eentsy-weentsy minced garlic clove to the dressing. A keeper!