1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Beets and mint might seem to be an odd coupling, but it works surprisingly well. This salad is sweet yet refreshing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wrap the beets together tightly in foil in 2 batches and roast them in the middle of a preheated 350°F.
- 2oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until they are tender.
- 3The beets may be roasted 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- 4Unwrap the beets carefully and let them cool until they can be handled.
- 5Slip the skins off the beets, cut off the stems, and cut the beets into 1/4-inch pieces.
- 6In a large bowl whisk together the vinegars, the sugar, and salt to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- 7Add the beets to the bowl with two thirds of the mint and toss the salad until it is combined well.
- 8Line 4 plates with the lettuce leaves, divide the beet mixture among them, and sprinkle each salad with some of the remaining mint.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minted Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g