Recipe by Outta Here
Low fat side dish, good with roast chicken or fish.
Top Review by Tisme
Fantstic! I used small carrots... although small they were not baby, as that was what I had on hand but still this recipe was just wonderful! The cinnamon gave a wonderful and spicy flavour and the sweetness of the apple juice was just perfect to compliment the spice and taste of the cinnamon and mint. Wonderful flavours, and such an easy side dish for our meal. Thanks mikekey, will try using baby carrots next time for sure!
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 6 cups of water into a large pan. Boil carrots until tender crisp; about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a small pan, stir cornstarch into apple juice. Over moderate heat, cook, stirring, until sauce consistency.
- Stir in mint and cinnamon.
- Pour sauce over carrots and toss to coat.