Recipe by True Texas
I've made these little mints on and off for the past 30 years at Christmas. The original recipe calls for frosting mix in a box, I don't think they even make frosting in a box any more so you will need to buy the can frosting, I think the size is the same. These are a nice after dinner mint, too. Tint any color you want.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (15 ounce) package frosting, white creamy-style
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- food coloring (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine in top of double boiler.
- Add frosting, mix until smooth.
- Cook over rapidly boiling water 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add flavoring and desired food coloring.
- Drop by teaspoons on to waxed paper.
- Swirl tops while warm.
- If mixture thickens just add a few drops of water.