Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These look really festive! There is also a variation for Chocolate and peanut butter thins.
Make and share this Mint Thins- Ritz recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 36 Ritz crackers
- 1 peppermint candy cane, crushed (6 inch)
- MICROWAVE chocolate in small microwaveable bowl as directed on package. Stir until completely melted. Blend in extract.
- DIP crackers in melted chocolate, completely coating crackers with chocolate. Carefully scrape off excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheets; sprinkle with crushed candy.
- REFRIGERATE 30 minute or until chocolate is firm.
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Omit peppermint extract and candy cane. Spread each cracker with a thin layer of peanut butter before dipping into the melted chocolate.
I made these with the andes creme de menthe chips. They were fabulous. I took some to work to share and my boss kept them all they were so good. I used the two forks method to get the cookies out and on the tray to dry
I actually didn't make this but my teen-age sons did. Very easy to do. Some we spread with peanut butter, some we didn't. Quick and easy recipe to fill those Christmas Holiday Cookie Trays. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.
I heated the chocolate up in my mini crockpot. Since there are no candy canes at this time of year I used the round peppermint candies that I pickup when leaving the Romano's Macaroni Grill. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game