Recipe by *Alia*
A lovely punch
Top Review by Krista Smith
I had some peppermint that I received in my CSA box for which I didn't really have a plan. I made this punch and it was simply delicious. I served it at a party with limoncello for the adults and club soda for the 'non-adults' and I think it was pretty well received. I, personally, couldn't get enough of the tea/club soda combo and will probably be picking up a peppermint plant at the farmer's market next week just so I can make this again. Thanks for a nice, refreshing way to serve iced tea (of which I am not usually a fan)!
- 3 cups water
- 2 black tea bags
- 1 cup fresh peppermint
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water just to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags and fresh peppermint leaves.
- Allow to steep for five minutes.
- Remove tea bags and mint leaves using a strainer.
- Stir in sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add this mixture to the orange juice and cranberry juice.
- Refrigerate until well-chilled (1-2 hours).
- Serve in a tall glass with ice and a sprig of mint.