Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A refreshing way to drink tea. I have mint growing profusely in my garden and was happy to learn of a way to use mint.
- 7 regular size tea bags
- 12 sprigs mint
- 3 lemons, zest of
- 8 cups boiling water
- 7 lemons, juice of
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 cups cold water
- In a container, steep tea, mint and lemon zest in boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Remove mint leaves and tea bag with a slotted spoon.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to hot liquid.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add 8 cups of cold water.
I enjoyed this, indeed a refreshing tea, and healthy with all that mint and lemon! I used rooibos (herbal) teabags, and I didn't add the sugar, as I don't care for it. If I liked sweetness, I would have added honey, rather than the sugar, however, I prefer this 'au naturel'. Good way to use my garden mint, and a refreshing tea to enjoy while I do household chores, a keeper, kaykwilts!
This was good, but I wasn't sure how much a "sprig" of mint is so I just assumed 2 or 3 leaves for each sprig.