Recipe by ChrisF
Love Mint & Chocolate. These are pretty also. Add to a cookie tray for that touch of green color, and the mint flavor. From a 1981 cookie book.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 -5 drops green food coloring
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons boiling water (aprox)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar, beat in eggs.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into creamed mixture.
- Spoon half of the batter into another bowl; stir in nuts and chocolate.
- Drop chocolate batter from tablespoon checkerbord fashion into greased 9X9X2 inch baking pan.
- To remaining batter, stir in extrast and food coloring.
- spoon green batter into open spaces in baking pan.
- Swirl with spatula to marble; do not over stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Glaze: Melt chocolate and butter over low heat; stir constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in powder sugar and vinilla till crumbly.
- Blend in enough boiling water till pouring consistency.
- Pour glaze over top and cut into bars.