Love Mint & Chocolate. These are pretty also. Add to a cookie tray for that touch of green color, and the mint flavor. From a 1981 cookie book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 -5 drops green food coloring
- 1Cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar, beat in eggs.
- 2Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into creamed mixture.
- 3Spoon half of the batter into another bowl; stir in nuts and chocolate.
- 4Drop chocolate batter from tablespoon checkerbord fashion into greased 9X9X2 inch baking pan.
- 5To remaining batter, stir in extrast and food coloring.
- 6spoon green batter into open spaces in baking pan.
- 7Swirl with spatula to marble; do not over stir.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 10Glaze: Melt chocolate and butter over low heat; stir constantly.
- 11Remove from heat; stir in powder sugar and vinilla till crumbly.
- 12Blend in enough boiling water till pouring consistency.
- 13Pour glaze over top and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Swirl Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.6
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 78.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g