1/4 Photos of Mint Shortbread Cookies
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
As tasty as they are pretty! Great for a St. Patrick's Day party. If I use flour straight from the freezer, I don't bother chilling the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in the egg, then stir in the mint extract.
- 3Combine the flour and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- 4Add several of drops of food coloring until desired shade of green, mixing well.
- 5Roll into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 400°F
- 7Slice into 1/4-inch slices and place on cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 9 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden at the edges.
- 9Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- 10Drizzle with melted white and/or dark chocolate if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g