Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
As tasty as they are pretty! Great for a St. Patrick's Day party. If I use flour straight from the freezer, I don't bother chilling the dough.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 631.69 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml mint extract
- green food coloring
- chocolate, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the mint extract.
- Combine the flour and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Add several of drops of food coloring until desired shade of green, mixing well.
- Roll into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice into 1/4-inch slices and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Drizzle with melted white and/or dark chocolate if desired.