Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Commercial mint sauce is readily available, but this is so easy to prepare and is so much better, there is really no reason to purchase mint sauce. This sauce stores will in the refrigerator. Serve with roast lamb. This sauce can be prepared one week in advance and refrigerated. Recipe by Sallie Williams.
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a small, heavy saucepan bring all of the ingredients to a boil over high heat.
- Boil "hard" for 3 minutes.
- Cool completely for several hours and chill until ready to serve.