Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick, easy, elegant sauce to accompany most lamb dishes.
- 4 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Stir the mint into the boiling water.
- Add the sugar and salt.
- Leave until cold.
- Add the vinegar and mix well.
worked like a charm! authentic mint sauce is so much better than what i knew of here as a kid. (served it to Mr. & Mrs. Mean Chef)
I didn't think it really needed the salt. Tasted more salty than sweet, and I think mint sauce should be sweet. So I tried it again without the salt.