Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Recording from memory, as my wife said I HAVE to make these for her Mom when she comes to town next month. I never measure or write down ingredients, and am suffering from "memory almost full"! So, here goes
- 6 -7 lamb loin chops (i.e., one Costco package)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 -6 sprigs of fresh mint (mine were very large and I used 3)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Throw everything in a baggy or tupperware container to marinate for a couple of hours REFRIGERATED.
- Pour the marinade into a sauce pan and heat well.
- In a large covered skillet,fry half of the chops on one side until browned, 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and repeat with the other chops.
- Return all of the chops to the skillet browned side up and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the simmered marinade, cover, reduce heat to low and allow flavors and aroma to permeate the meat until cooked to desired doneness; lamb usually does better when still slightly pink in the center and still juicy. (We don't do rare meat around here -- nasty cootie attack 15 years ago).
- Classified under inexpensive as one chop can easily be a portion, and package of 7 was around $15.00 U.S. While it was easy as a dish can be, it would work quite nicely for a breaking-out-the-good-china dinner. Just dress up the serving platter with a little fresh mint and rosemary.
- Cooking time includes marinating time.