Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 cup packed mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 (11 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- To make the mint pesto, pulse the mint, parsley, walnuts, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor until blended.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, pour in the water, and process until creamy; set aside.
- Add 1 inch of water to a medium pot: bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, cover tightly, and cook until they are pink and firm, about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Add the artichoke hearts, the cooked shrimp, the pesto, and the cheese.
- Toss over low heat just until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.