Quick and Simple Mint Ice Cream Cake great for Special Occasions. will look like you spent hours in the kitchen COOK TIME IS FREEZE TIME
- 1. in food processor roughly break apart half package of mint oreos. pulse until they turn into fine crumbs.
- 2. add half stick melted butter.
- 3. press crust into 9 or 12 inch springform pan (could also use a cake pan).
- 4. soften ice cream in microwave NOTE: what works best is to place frozen ice cream in large bowl and melt it in 30 second intervals until it is soft enough to spread, but not completly melted.
- 5. spread half of ice cream onto crust.
- 6. in food processor roughly break the rest of the oreo cookies and pulse until crumbs form.
- 7. add warm hot fudge to cookie crumbs and spread over ice cream layer (makes a wonderful sweet crunch coat).
- 8. spread rest of softened ice cream over crunch coat.
- 9. cover with with cling wrap and place in freezer for several hours of overnight.
- 10. 15 minutes before serving remove from freezer and top with cool whip (I always use decorators tip to make a fancy topping and garnish with more oreo cookies).
- NOTE: The best way to serve is to dip knife in warm water than run it along sides of cake to loosen sides of pan then remove the sides and slice.
I can't believe how easy and GOOD this recipe is!! This is for sure a 10 star recipe. We had company last night...and they all raved about dessert...thinking we were in the kitchen for hours :) When actually DH tossed this together in 15 minutes yesterday Morning!We used a 10 inch springform pan which was perfect! Thank you for posting!