Recipe by lizzypoo222
Quick and Simple Mint Ice Cream Cake great for Special Occasions. will look like you spent hours in the kitchen COOK TIME IS FREEZE TIME
Top Review by katie in the UP
I can't believe how easy and GOOD this recipe is!! This is for sure a 10 star recipe. We had company last night...and they all raved about dessert...thinking we were in the kitchen for hours :) When actually DH tossed this together in 15 minutes yesterday Morning!We used a 10 inch springform pan which was perfect! Thank you for posting!
- 18 ounces mint oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hot fudge topping (warmed up so easy to pour)
- 1⁄2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream (softned)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. in food processor roughly break apart half package of mint oreos. pulse until they turn into fine crumbs.
- 2. add half stick melted butter.
- 3. press crust into 9 or 12 inch springform pan (could also use a cake pan).
- 4. soften ice cream in microwave NOTE: what works best is to place frozen ice cream in large bowl and melt it in 30 second intervals until it is soft enough to spread, but not completly melted.
- 5. spread half of ice cream onto crust.
- 6. in food processor roughly break the rest of the oreo cookies and pulse until crumbs form.
- 7. add warm hot fudge to cookie crumbs and spread over ice cream layer (makes a wonderful sweet crunch coat).
- 8. spread rest of softened ice cream over crunch coat.
- 9. cover with with cling wrap and place in freezer for several hours of overnight.
- 10. 15 minutes before serving remove from freezer and top with cool whip (I always use decorators tip to make a fancy topping and garnish with more oreo cookies).
- NOTE: The best way to serve is to dip knife in warm water than run it along sides of cake to loosen sides of pan then remove the sides and slice.