Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Real Simple.
- 2 small acorn squash or 2 small butternut squash
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 orange
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- The squash should each be cut into 4 wedges and remove the seeds.
- Heat oven to 325ºF. Brush each squash wedge with about 1 teaspoon olive oil, then sprinkle each with about 1/4 teaspoon salt and about 1/8 tsp of cayenne if using.
- Place on a baking sheet skin-side down. Roast 45 minutes in the oven. The squash is done when it is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the orange. Remove the squash from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the mint, orange juice, and zest.