Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really great recipe. I think that putting them in the refrigerator enhances the mint flavor and tastes a lot better. The 30 minutes is for preparation and cooking time.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup oleo
- Put sugar, mint extract, cocoa, salt, milk, and oleo on medium heat in saucepan until mixture bubbles.
- Keep stirring--do not walk away!
- Add oatmeal, peanut butter, and stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper.
- When they cool store into air tight container.
- Place it into the refrigerator.
This is a great twist on an old favorite. My mother, who lends a skeptical eye to new tastes, loved them!