Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I think I got this from a Hershey's cookbook but it has been so many years ago I don't really remember. Very popular at Christmas. It is a rather 'pretty' fudge because of the layers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 177.44 ml cocoa
- 946.36 ml confectioners' sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml evaporated milk
- 1Line 8-inch square pan with foil.
- 2In medium microwave-safe bowl place butter.
- 3Microwave at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted.
- 4Add cocoa; stir until smooth.
- 5Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla; blend well (mixture will be dry and crumbly).
- 6Stir in evaporated milk.
- 7Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- 8Beat with whisk until smooth.
- 9Immediately pour into prepared pan.
- 10Cover; chill until firm.
- 11Spread Pastel Mint Topping (see below) evenly over fudge; chill until firm.
- 12Cut into 1-inch squares.
- 13Cover; store in refrigerator.
- 14Pastel Mint Topping.
- 15In small mixer bowl beat 3 tablespoons softened butter or margarine, 1 tablespoon water and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon mint extract until blended.
- 16Gradually add 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and 2 drops green food coloring.
- 17Beat until smooth.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint 'n Chocolate Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 21.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 0.4 g