Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I think I got this from a Hershey's cookbook but it has been so many years ago I don't really remember. Very popular at Christmas. It is a rather 'pretty' fudge because of the layers.
Top Review by Not So Good Cook
Delicious! Rich chocolate on the bottom & nice mint on the top. The top layer was softer & somewhat runny, though; I'll try it again without the tbsp of water. Definitely worth making (& eating).
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 177.44 ml cocoa
- 946.36 ml confectioners' sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml evaporated milk
- 44.37 ml softened butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml water
- 0.59-1.23 ml mint extract
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar
- green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl place butter.
- Microwave at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted.
- Add cocoa; stir until smooth.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla; blend well (mixture will be dry and crumbly).
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Beat with whisk until smooth.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan.
- Cover; chill until firm.
- Spread Pastel Mint Topping (see below) evenly over fudge; chill until firm.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Cover; store in refrigerator.
- Pastel Mint Topping.
- In small mixer bowl beat 3 tablespoons softened butter or margarine, 1 tablespoon water and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon mint extract until blended.
- Gradually add 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and 2 drops green food coloring.
- Beat until smooth.