Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
cookies, fat free
Make and share this Mint Meringues recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease 2 large cookie sheets, set aside.
- Combine egg whites, cream of tarter, and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat until foamy.
- Add sugar 1 tbls at a time, beating until egg whites are very stiff and glossy and sugar is disolved.
- beat in mint extract and food color.
- Fit a decorater bag with a large star tip.
- spoon meringue into bag.
- Pipe meringue in 1 inch puffs on prepared cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Place cookie sheets on center rack of preheated oven.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately, cool completely on wire racks.
Perfect for a mint for after dinner and a nice crunch in place of a cookie. I loved the green color and the colorful sparkles I'd put on top - thanks!
I made these while I was gestational diabetic and dying for sweets. I used all alternate sugars (Splenda and Stevia Plus) and it was NOT good! I would not recommend doing this, as it gave the meringues a very bitter flavor and after taste. I'm betting if you stick to the original recipe these will taste much better!
Vikki, Anything Mint is my favorite sweet.I really thought this recipe would be hard to do,but it was not.great recipe.I didn't use the green food color,or the green sprinkles,but otherwise I made it as you outlined. Thanks for a good recipe. Darlene Summers