Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
These little white puffs of decadence are so festive for Christmas when the candy canes are plentiful. This would also be great for a gift in a pretty Christmas tin tucked away in some tissue paper.
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with salt and cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased foil or parchment paper; sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Bake at 225 degrees for 1 1/2 hours Turn off the heat; leave cookies in the oven with the door ajar for at least 1 hr or until cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- **NOTE: You can substitute spearmint candy canes or mix the two for a different mint flavor. YUM!