Recipe by lazyme
A nice way to marinate lamb for the grill. Cooking time does not include marinating time. From BBQ Recipes - Best Recipes Cookbook.
- 3 lbs racks of lamb, trimmed (2 racks with 6 ribs each)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried mint, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lamb in large resealable plastic food storage bag. Combine wine, 1/2 cup mint, and garlic in small bowl. Pour over chops. Seat bag tightly; turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill. Drain lamb, discarding marinade. Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Place lamb in shallow glass dish or on cutting board. Combine mustard and 2 tablespoons mint in small bowl. Spread over meaty side of lamb. Pat bread crumbs, evenly over mustard mixture. Place lamb, crumb side down, on grill. Grill, on covered grill, over medium coals 10 minutes. Carefully turn; continue to grill, covered, 20 to 22 minutes more for medium or to desired doneness. Place lamb on carving board. Slice between ribs into individual chops.