Prep 15 mins
Cook 2160 hrs
This has a nice mellow mint taste. Very sweet and a nice emerald color.
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh mint leaves, slightly packed
- 3 cups vodka
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon glycerin (optional)
- 8 drops green food coloring (optional)
- In a quart jar combine leaves, vodka and 1 cup sugar.
- Seal jar tightly, and place in a dry, dark place for about 2 weeks.
- After two weeks, strain the liquid using a double layer of cheese cloth. Gently squeeze the mint leaves, getting as much juice as possible.
- In a fresh quart jar, add the second cup of sugar, glycerin, water to top and the strained liquid. Seal and store again in a dark place until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar has all dissolved, bottle the resulting liqueur in a fresh bottle and let age for roughly 3 months.