Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Honey and fresh mint. What could be better for a summer cooler. Make the syrup ahead and have it on hand.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 1⁄2 ounces lime juice
- chilled club soda or seltzer water
Honey Syrup(use 2 ounces for this recipe)
- 4 ounces honey
- 4 ounces water
- In 12-ounce glass, muddle mint and honey syrup for about 8 seconds.
- Add ice and lime juice, then fill with club soda.
- Stir well and serve.
- Honey Syrup:.
- In heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together honey and water until honey dissolves. Increase heat slightly, then simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate syrup until cold, about 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.).
Yum! Never thought of putting mint in my lime ade and boy did we like it. A refreshing drink we will be enjoying often, thanks for the post.
This is so good and so refreshing. I didn't do the honey syrup so used simple syrup. I was too lazy to do the syrup. I used club soda. At first I thought that 2 ounces of syrup would be too sweet so I used 1 ounce. I tasted it and decided to add the other ounce. DH prefered it with 1 ounce of syrup and me with 2 ounces. Thanks Annacia. Made for Market tag.
What a lovely treat! I have a big patch of mint growing and am so glad that I do! This drink was fantastic and really cooled me off after ANOTHER scorching Texas August day! Thanks so much Annacia for a delicious and refreshing drink recipe! *Made for Bevy Tag!*