Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another festive favorite I like to make around the holidays. This is so pretty! (Cook time is cooling time)
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- CHOCOLATE LAYER:.
- In a heavy 3-quart saucepan mix sugar, evaporated milk, marshmallow creme, butter and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Boil and stir 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until completely melted. Add vanilla.
- Pour into a buttered 8-inch square baking pan. Let cool.
- MINT LAYER:.
- Stir together 2 tablespoons butter, powdered sugar, evaporated milk, peppermint extract and green food coloring.
- Mix until smooth. Pour over cooled chocolate fudge.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 1-inch squares.