1/3 Photos of Mint Julep - the Real Thing
24 hrs 30 mins
Don't be fooled by imposters. This is the authentic julep. Makes you want to wear a white suit & black string tie whilst you sip it from your silver cup. I make this every year for a Derby party & some of the guests like them so much they never remember which horse won the race. Cook time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sugar & water in a saucepan. Boil, while stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat & let cool for 15 minutes.
- 2Bruise 6 mint leaves to release the oil. Place them in a glass pitcher or jar.
- 3Pour cooled syrup over mint, cap tightly & store in the refrigerator overnight.
- 4When ready to partake, strain syrup to remove leaves.
- 5Into your cocktail shaker add bourbon, mint syrup & 1/2 cup ice.
- 6Shake, shake, shake your julep.
- 7Pour mixture into a small glass or julep cup.
- 8Top with a fresh mint leaf.
- 9Serve with a short straw.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Julep - the Real Thing
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 99.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: