Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is the traditional version, but I plan on substituting gin for the bourbon for a more uniformly- pale sorbet. From Bon Appetit, 1996.
- Combine first three ingredients in large heavy saucepan, stirring over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to boil, then pour into a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Strain mint syrup through sieve set over bowl, pressing down on mint leaves; discard the leaves.
- Mix bourbon, creme de menthe and minced mint leaves into syrup.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker, and process according to manufacturers instructions.
- Transfer to container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.