Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Keep the horse race, I’ll take the hot chocolate.
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 12 miniature peppermint patties, chopped
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon (add this to taste, you may prefer more or less)
- fresh mint sprig, for garnish
- Heat half-and-half in a medium saucepan over medium heat until you begin to see bubbles around the edges.
- Decrease heat; add in the peppermint patties, and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the arrowroot and let mixture cook and thicken for a few minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in the bourbon.
- Pour mixture into mugs; garnish with mint sprigs; serve immediately.